Saturday, January 14, 2006

‘Intelligent Design’: No Longer A Science

Just to get Samuel all fired up (he’s been a bit quiet of late, though his rants on ID are collected at Philosophy Hurts Your Head), Leiter is reporting the ‘evolution’ of ‘Philosophy of Design’ … Is it just me or has something gone horribly wrong with ‘Western Civilisation’?

[As an aside, is it even possible to consider the suburban sprawl ‘civilised’? I’ve been pondering this on my evening walks; at times it actually seems quite barbarous …]

1 Comments:

Blogger Samuel Douglas said...

Aha, a geneology of Design, that's what we need. I suspect that something has gone wrong with some parts of western civilisation.

Having said that, after reading a recent post on the New Criterion, I wonder if the people who are "getting it wrong" will crush the secular west anyway.

16 January, 2006 11:59  

Post a Comment

<< Home